B5T-007001 - Americas
B5T-007001 Human Vision Components (HVC-P2)
HVC incorporates ten different image sensing functions like Face recognition in an easy-to-mount and compact format to provide image sensing capability to various devices.
- Choice of wide-angle type and long-distance type depending of detection distance or range needs.
- Incorporates ten different image sensing functions used to recognize people's conditions.
- USB Driver last update:2016.12.05
- USB Driver Installation Manual [win10] last update:2016.12.05
- USB Driver Installation Manual [Win7, 8, 8.1] last update:2016.12.05
- Instruction Sheet last update:2016.08.10
- Command Specifications last update:2016.08.10
- Evaluation Software last update:2017.01.30
- Sample Code(for C) last update:2016.12.05
- Sample Code(for Python) last update:2017.12.26
- Sample Code Instruction last update:2017.01.19
|Approximately 50 deg. (long-distance type)||B5T-007001-010|
|Approximately 90 deg. (wide-angle type)||B5T-007001-020|
|Supply voltage||5 VDC ±10%|
|Consumption current||Below 0.4 A|
|Operating temperature||0 to +50°C (no condensation or freezing)|
|Operating humidity||Below 90% RH (no condensation or freezing)|
|Storage temperature||-30 to +70°C (no condensation or freezing)|
|Storage humidity||Below 90% RH (no condensation or freezing)|
Horizontal angle of view 50°
|Horizontal angle of view 90°
Horizontal angle of view 50°
|Horizontal angle of view 90° B5T-007001-020|
|Dimensions when mounted
Note: Do not install metallic parts for mounting on the shaded areas
• The "Product" indicates the BT5-007001-010 models. It consists of the "Device" and the "SDK". In this instruction sheet, the word "Product" refers to the whole or a part of them.
• The "Device" indicates the hardware component that consist of the main board, the camera board and the flexible flat cable (FFC).
• The "SDK" consists of the demonstration software, the command specifications and other documentations concerning the "Device" or the "SDK."
Precautions for Safe Use
Check the Product for physical damage upon opening its package. It is recommended to wear gloves when opening the package.
Follow the indications listed below for a safe use of the Product.
(1) Installation Environment
• There is potential internal deterioration and damage of internal parts of the Device. Do not use the Product in conditions exceeding the ratings for temperature and humidity.
• Do not use the Product in an environment where condensation occurs.
• Do not use the Product in an environment subjected to water, oil or chemicals spills.
• Do not use the Product in an environment subjected to corrosive, combustible or explosive gas.
• Do not use the Product in an environment where dust, salt or iron powder are present.
(2) Power Supply and Wiring
• Make sure there is no faulty wiring of I/O terminals, etc. as this may result in fire.
• Do not connect the DC power supply terminal to AC power.
• Do not connect the Product to DC voltage above the rated capacity.
• Do not reverse-connect the DC power supply.
• Make sure to turn the Device off before removing cables.
• Do not connect the UART connector (CN5) to asynchronous method non-compliant devices.
• Make sure to check the Device and the connector pins for distortion or physical damage before connecting or removing cables.
• Connect a commercially available MicroUSB cable to the USB connector (CN3). Make sure the cable is not damaged and do not modify it.
• Do not disassemble, repair or otherwise remodel the Device.
• Treat the Product as industrial waste when disposing of it.
• Use the M2 screws on the fixing holes on the Device when fixing it. Make sure not to bend or break the board when fastening the screws. Apply torque appropriately for the screws used.
• Do not apply stress on the Device, e.g. twists, deflections or impacts, as it may result in causing defects or degradation.
• Do not apply stress on the connector or display implementation parts when installing the Device, as it may result in causing defects or degradation.
Precautions for Safe Use
Observe the following precautions to prevent failure to operate and malfunctions, and to prevent adversely affecting the performance and function of the Product.
• Store the Device at a temperature between -30 and +70°C and a humidity level below 90%.
• Do not touch the board mounted parts with bare hands. Discharge any static electricity from the user before use.
• Take proper measures against static electricity by using an antistatic wrist strap, etc. before handling the Product.
• Make sure to properly ground the connector's earth terminal in order to prevent malfunction due to noise.
• Do not use the Product in places where the surrounding temperature goes above the rating range.
• Do not use the Product in a location where it would be subjected to direct sunlight.
• Do not use the Product in a location subject to excessive inductive or power supply noise, such as in strong magnetic or electric fields.
• Do not use the Product in a location where it would be subjected to strong UV light.
• Do not use the Product in a location where it would be subjected to radiation.
• Sufficiently evaluate the electrical characteristics of any connection to the Device.
• Make sure to properly align the connectors when connecting them.
• Avoid desorption of power supplied connectors as it will result in accidents.
• Refer to the B5T-007001 Command Specifications document separately provided by OMRON for details on the interface specifications.
• Never use benzene, paint thinner, or any other volatile cleaning solution, detergent, bleach or chemical washcloth for cleaning the Device.
• Take in consideration heat dissipation from the Device when installing it in order to improve its long term reliability.
• Install the Device sufficiently far away from any other surrounding charged parts.
• Install the Device making sure not to obstruct the camera detection range.
• Use transparent materials to cover and protect the front of the lens should it be in contact with hands or objects.
• Remove the lens protective seal before use (B5T-00701-010).
• Remove the lens protective cover before use (B5T-00701- 020).
• Do not touch the camera module.
• The Product performs detection on images. As such, note that it may sometimes detect objects other than living bodies, such as photographs or posters.
• Note that since the Product uses a camera for detection, successful detection may not be possible due to light orientation, brightness or exposure issues.
• Make sure to reset the Product before using it again following a power interruption or failure.
• Restart or reset the Device if data is received improperly.
• Cutting or losing power to the Device while saving the Album on the flash ROM may destroy the Album data saved on it. As such, make sure to take a backup of the Album data on the Host device. Refer to the B5T-007001 Command Specifications document for details.
• Do not use the USB and UART connection method simultaneously.
• Do not remove the FFC connection between the main board and the camera board, and do not alter the configuration of the combination.
• When using the USB connector, note that the bus power may not be properly powering the Device depending on the computer USB port used. In such case, use a device like a selfpowered hub with an AC adaptor.