XG5N/XG5N-U Crimped Sockets for Discrete Wires - OMRON - Americas
Product Details Portlet
XG5N/XG5N-U Crimped Sockets for Discrete Wires
Trouble-free discrete-wire termination with IDC Sockets that accommodate MIL Plugs.
- Two-slot, IDC construction and insulation barrel offer high reliability and large-current (3A) discrete wiring capability.
- Adaptable to a variety of covers for space-saving and discrete wire termination.
- By using the simple, unique lock-lever system, these Connectors can be locked to either the XG8B/XG8W Unshrouded Plugs (with right-angle terminals) or XG4C Box-type Plugs.
- Conforms to UL standards (file no. E103202).(Except for XG5S models)
|Socket and Lock Set
Note: The Locks and Sockets
are provided separately.
||Crimp Contacts, Type 1
||Crimp Contacts, Type 2
| *1 Each XG5N- Connector requires two Lock Levers.
*2 Order the required number of reels (10,000 contacts).
Note: The pitch between the two polarity guides on Connectors with 50, 60, or 64 contacts is 22.86 mm.
|Rated current||3 A/contact (with AWG22 wire)
2 A/contact (with AWG24 wire)
1 A/contact (with AWG26 or AWG28 wire)
|Rated voltage||250 VAC|
|Contact resistance||20 mΩ max. (at 20 mV, 100 mA max.)|
|Insulation resistance||1,000 MΩ min. (at 500 V DC)|
|Withstand voltage||500 VAC for 60 s (leakage current: 1 mA max.)|
|Total insertion force||No. of contacts × 1.96 N max.|
|Individual pull-out force||0.29 N min.|
|Insertion durability||50 times|
|−55 to 105°C (with no icing at low temperature)|
|XG5N-U (with Lock Levers Attached)
• For best results, use only the XG5 IDC Tool.
• Contact your OMRON representative for details on the XG5 IDC Tool.
• Check the Contact size (No. 1 or No 2) and wire size before connecting.
• OMRON has a IDC Tool Reference Manual. Contact your OMRON representative to request a copy.
Mounting the Cover
• The cover is used to protect the connection position and prevent shorting out.
Mounting the Semi-cover
• See the above diagram.1. Insert part A of the Semi-cover into part B of the Socket.
2. Push the claws on both sides of the Semi-cover onto the Socket.
3. Make sure the claws are firmly inserted in the slots.
4. To protect the wires, use cable ties to bind wires that may be subject to tension even when a Semi-cover is used.
Mounting the Hood Cover
• See the above diagram.
1. Insert the claws of part A of the Hood Cover into the slots.
2. Insert claws B on the Hood cover into part C on the other part of the Hood Cover.
3. Wrap the wires with a cable tie.
Horizontal Hood Cover
• Follow the mounting procedure for the vertical cover.
• The left and right parts of the cover are different. Assemble carefully.
• The Contact numbers on the Double-row Assembled Socket match the numbers on the XG4M Flat Cable MIL Socket. (See the above diagrams.)
• When making IDC connections on the Double-row Assembled Connector, use the polarity guide to distinguish the front and back. (Note: The 10-contact Connector does not have a guide.)
• XG4A, XG4C and XG8 are recommended.
• XG4C and XG8 Plugs do not have locks. To prevent accidental removal, use a Lock Lever (XG4Z-0002, XG5Z-0002). (Lock Levers cannot be used with XG8W Straight Terminal Connectors.)
• When mounting the XG8 Original Plug (with right-angle terminals) to a circuit board, be sure that the cover is positioned off the board as shown below.