2JCIE-BU Environment Sensor (USB Type)
Sense a variety of environmental information
- Connects to a network via USB or Bluetooth® to enable the sending of measurement data
- Using OMRON's unique and innovative algorithm, enables highly accurate determination of earthquakes based on vibrational acceleration
- Enables continuous monitoring of room air quality using a VOC sensor
* Environmental sensor is available in following areas only.
America, Europe, Japan, China, Taiwan
Concepts and application examples can be seen with Environment Sensor Special contents.
Heatstroke Risk Levels∗3
[ Guideline for action limits ]scroll
Reference temperature WBGT Heat stress precautions Awareness guide Danger
31°C or above
(88°F or above)
Dangerous heat for all activities. Especially dangerous to senior citizens, even if they are just resting. Avoid going outside and stay indoors in cooler places. Severe warning
28°C – 31°C
(82°F – 88°F)
Dangerous heat for all activities. Stay out of the blazing sun and be aware of indoor ambient temperature rise. Warning
25°C – 28°C
(77°F – 82°F)
Dangerous heat for activities that involve moderate to strenuous physical exercises. Take adequate rest periods during physical training and strenuous work. Caution
Dangerous heat for activities that involve vigorous physical exercises. Risk is low but still exists on the basis of vigorous exercises and hard labor.
[ DI＝0.81T＋0.01H（0.99T－14.3）＋46.3 ]
DI: Discomfort Index T: Temperature (°C) H: Humidity (%)
Discomfort index Thermal comfort 65 – 70 Comfortable 70 – 75 Neutral 75 – 80 Warm 80 – 85 Uncomfortably hot (sweating) 85 – Severe heat
- SI value (or spectral intensity):
- SI value is equivalent to the magnitude of the destructive energy imposed by seismic motion on structures. SI value has a high correlation with the seismic intensity scale which helps identify seismic hazards in your vicinity.
- Oxygen is adsorbed onto the surface of metal oxide.
- When VOCs are emitted into the atmosphere, the gases react with the absorbed oxygen, changing its absorbed amount on the surface.
- The change in the amount of absorbed oxygen eventually increases or decreases the surface conductivity. This mechanism allows the sensor to detect VOC gases.
Note. VOC sensor does not identify gas types. Only outputs the total concentration of VOCs.
- VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds):
- VOCs include such as alcohol consumption, cigarette smoking, and formaldehyde.
- eTVOC∗2 (equivalent Total Volatile Organic Compounds):
- eTVOC refers to the total concentration of volatile organic compounds in a room environment.
|Communication Interface||Bluetooth®∗5 low energy USB communication|
|Output data||Temperature, Humidity, Light, Barometric pressure, Sound noise,3-axis acceleration∗1, eTVOC∗2, Discomfort index∗3, Heat stroke warning level∗3,Vibration information∗1 (No. of earthquakes, No. of vibrations, SI value ∗4 )|
|Minimum packing unit ( Unit: pcs )||1|
|Power Supply||5 V (USB power supply)|
|Sensors||Temperature, Humidity, Light, Barometric pressure, Sound noise, 3-axis acceleration∗1, eTVOC∗2|
|Interface||Bluetooth® low energy (Bluetooth® v5.0)∗5, USB communication (USB2.0)|
|Communication range||Approx. 10 m ∗6|
|Operating Temperature||−10 to 60°C|
|Operating Humidity||30 to 85%RH|
|Dimensions||Approx. 29.1 × 14.9 × 7.0 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 2.9 g|
|Absolute maximum ratings / Power supply||−0.3 to 5.5 V|
|Absolute maximum ratings / Output current||Max. 100 mA|
|Absolute maximum ratings / Temperature||−20 to 70°C|
|Recommended operating condition / Power supply||4.75 to 5.25 V|
|Item||Measurable range||Accuracy (Vcc = 5.0 V, Ta = 15 to 35°C if not specified)∗7|
|Temperature||−10 to 60°C||±2°C|
|Humidity||30 to 85%RH||±5%RH|
|Light||10 to 2000 lx||±100 lx|
|Barometric pressure||700 to 1100 hPa||±4 hPa|
|Sound noise||40 to 94 dB||For reference∗8|
|3-axis acceleration||−2000 to 2000 gal||For reference ∗1, ∗8|
|eTVOC||0 to 32767 ppb||For reference ∗2,∗8|
To assure the correct use of the product basic safety measures should always be followed including the warnings and cautions listed in this document.
Warning: Improper use may result in death or serious injury.
- In places where radio communications are prohibited, turn off the Bluetooth®.
- Do not place the unit closer than 22cm (9 inches) from implantable medical devices such as pacemakers.
- Keep the unit out of the reach of young children.
If young children swallow any small piece, immediately consult a doctor.
- Please stop using the unit immediately, if there is strange smell or smoke from the unit.
- Do not subject the unit to extreme temperatures, humidity, moisture, or direct sunlight.
- Internal condensation due to severe change in temperature may cause malfunction.
Caution: Improper use may result in minor or moderate injury to the user or damage to the equipment.
* Property damage refers to damage related to houses and household belongings, as well as domestic animals and pets.
- Do not use the unit in the field of strong electromagnetic waves and static electricity.
- Please read the instruction manual of your smartphone or tablet for the wireless communication.
- This unit is not a measurement instrument.
The measured values must be treated as a reference, and do not use it for the purpose of verification or diagnosis.
- Do not disconnect the unit from the connected device during USB communication. Doing so may cause failure or data loss.
- Do not forcefully grip the unit or handle it in a reckless manner.
Doing so may cause the unit to be damaged or may cause injury.
Precautions for Correct Use
- Do not use this product with its vent holes (both sides) and window covered. This will prevent accurate measured values from being obtained.
- Do not disassemble or modify the unit.
- Do not subject the unit to strong shocks or vibrations, drop it, step on it.
- As this is a precision instrument, do not pull forcefully on its mounting portion or subject it to stress such as twisting, bending, or shock. Doing so may cause failure or deterioration.
- Do not immerse the unit or any of the components in water.
The unit is not waterproof. Do not wash it or touch it with wet hands. Be careful that water does not get into the unit.
Depending on the surrounding environment and the mounting position, the measured characteristic may vary. The measured values must be treated as a reference.
- Do not subject the unit to extreme temperatures, humidity, moisture, or direct sunlight.
- Do not use the unit where it will be exposed to dew condensation.
- Do not subject the unit to water, oil or chemical materials.
- Do not use the unit where it will be exposed to flammable gas or corrosive vapors.
- Do not use the unit where it will be exposed to dust, saline matter or iron powder.
- Install in a location as far away from heat-generating instruments, etc., as possible.
- This Product operates in the unlicensed ISM band at 2.4GHz.
In case this Product is used around the other wireless devices including microwave and wireless LAN, which operate same frequency band of this Product, there is a possibility that interference occurs between this Product and such other devices. If such interference occurs, please stop the operation of other devices or relocate this Product before using this Product or do not use this Product around the other wireless devices.
- Due to the use of radio waves, third parties may intercept transmissions either deliberately or accidentally. Do not use this Product for matters related to vital secrets or human lives.
This product is designed and manufactured as a general-purpose item for general industrial products. Usage for the following applications is not intended and OMRON shall not provide any warranty for this product if customers in fact use this product for such applications.
- Applications requiring high levels of safety (Ex. Nuclear control equipment, combustion equipment, aviation/space equipment, railroad equipment, lift equipment, amusement park machinery, medical instruments, safety devices, and other applications that may cause the loss of life or injury)
- Applications requiring high reliability (Ex. Gas/water/electricity supply systems, systems that operate continuously for 24 hours, applications regarding rights and assets such as payment systems, etc.)
- Applications in severe conditions or environments (Ex. Equipment installed outdoors, equipment subjected to chemical contamination, equipment subjected to electromagnetic interference, equipment subjected to vibration and shock, equipment operated continuously for long period of time, etc.)
- Applications in conditions or environments not listed in these specifications
- In addition to the contents of “a.” through “d.” above, this product is also not designed for use with automobiles (including two-wheel vehicles, the same applies hereinafter). Do not use for applications where mounted on automobiles. Ask your OMRON representative for details regarding products for mounting on automobiles.
In order to download this software, you must agree to the license agreement.