C3AW Trigger switch for DC Brushless tools - OMRON - Americas
Product Details Portlet
C3AW Trigger switch for DC Brushless tools
Ensure miniature, dust tight, vibration resistance, shock resistance and durability
- C3AW achieves anti-dust (IEC IP6X) by mounting sealed boots and ultrasonic welding connection between cover cases.
- Strengthen contact shock resistance(There is not 100 μs or more of chattering within 3,000 m/s2)
- Durability for trigger is 300,000 operations or more
- Wire saving by connecting flat cable AWG#28 directly to the switch
|Model||Minimum packing unit|
|Rated voltage||Resistive load|
Note: The above rating values apply under the following test conditions.
(1) Ambient temperature: 20±15°C
(2) Ambient humidity: 65±20%
(3) Operating frequency: 1 sec ON, 4 sec OFF
Approved Safety Standards
|Mechanical durability||Trigger||Operation cycle: 300,000 or more, Operating speed and frequency: 400 mm/sec, 60 /min|
|Lever||Operation cycle: 50,000 or more, Operating frequency: 60 /min|
|Electrical durability||Operating cycle: 200,000 or more, resistance load DC 42 V 10 mA|
|Vibration resistance||Double amplitude 1.5 mm, 10 to 2,000 Hz (Vibration acceleration: 200 m/s2 max.) XYZ direction, 2 hrs each|
|Shock resistance||Malfunction 3000 m/s2|
|Contact resistance (Initial)|
(Voltage drop method at DC 6 V 1 mA)
|Flat Cable No. 1-5 (At TTP): 10Ω max.|
Flat Cable No. 4-6 (Lever at F position): 10Ω max.
Flat Cable No. 4-7 (Lever at R position): 10Ω max.
|Insulation resistance (Between terminals)|
(Insulation resistance meter at DC 250 V)
|Flat Cable No. 1-5 (At FP): 100MΩ min.|
Flat Cable No. 4-6 (Lever at F position): 100MΩ min.
Flat Cable No. 4-7 (Lever at R position): 100MΩ min.
|Dielectric strength (Between terminals)||Flat Cable No. 1-5 (At FP): AC250V 1min.|
Flat Cable No. 4-6 (Lever at F position): AC250V 1min.
Flat Cable No. 4-7 (Lever at R position): AC250V 1min.
|Operating temperature limit||-20°C~+65°C (without icing and condensing)|
|Operating humidity limit||85% RH max. (at +5°C to +35°C)|
|Protective structure||IEC IP6X|
Note: These are initial values.
|Total operating force||TTF max.*1||20N||5±3N|
|Release force||RF min.*2||1N||-|
|Main switch ON position (A-B)||PT1||2.0±0.3mm||-|
|Variable output start position (A-C)||PT2||2.8±0.4mm||-|
|Full speed position (A-D)||PT3||6.5±0.5mm||-|
|Total travel (A-E)||TT||8.5±0.5mm||(13°)|
Note: These are initial values.
*1. TTF is maximum load of up to total travel.
*2. RF is the value of the minimum of up to return to the front of 1 mm free position (FP) from total travel position (TTP).
*3. The lever load is measured in the position shown in the figure below.
Note: Unless otherwise specified, tolerances in above dimensions are 0.4 mm.
Precautions for Correct Use
• When switches are actually used, unforeseen accidents may occur. Before using a switch, perform all possible testing in advance.
• Unless otherwise specified, ratings and performances given in this catalog are for standard test conditions (i.e., +5 to +35°C, and +45% to +85% humidity). When performing testing in the actual application, always use the same conditions as will be used in actual usage conditions for both the load and the oper- ating environment.
• Reference data provided in this catalog represents actual measurements from production samples in graph form. All ref- erence data values are nominal.
• All ratings and performance values provided in this catalog are the results of a single test each rating and performance value therefore may not be met for composite conditions.
• Output voltage changes due to the brush sliding along the top surface of the circuit board in the switch. When there is contact resistance between the circuit board and the brush, it goes into a state of high impedance, and the output voltage fluctuates. To prevent this from happening, a pull-up/down circuit can be implemented.
Check the level of output voltage fluctuations and compatibility of this circuit with your application to determine if this switch fits your needs.